A Guide to Parking
IPMI’s mission to advance the parking profession manifests in a number of ways – through top-notch education, certification and accreditation, and connecting our community through the conference and expo and now online through Forum. Publications are another hallmark program of our organization; take a look through this magazine and the reader must recognize the complexity, depth, and variety in our industry. It has been oft lamented by many a parking professional that there is no ‘textbook’ for our industry – until now.
Simply titled, A Guide to Parking provides information on the current state of parking, providing professionals and students with an overview on major areas of parking and the transportation and mobility industry, punctuated by brief program examples. More than 30 of our subject matter experts (and dedicated volunteers) contributed chapters on their specific area of expertise for a comprehensive volume about parking.
Pre-order your copy today! Available for purchase on Routledge’s site and Amazon. Currently available for preorder in hardback and paperback on both sites, and the digital version will be available upon the book’s publication.
PB and eBook: $54.95/HB: $150
- A Guide to Parking approaches the industry from a broad perspective, first providing an overview of the industry, the various frameworks that parking relates to, and then more specific aspects of the industry.
- Developed for professionals new to the field and managers for use in orientation and refresher training, and graduate-level students focusing on areas of study that are impacted by the parking industry: planning, engineering, architecture, real estate, transportation programs, and more.
- Including a glossary and a fully-indexed content, the new volume will serve as the consolidated reference book for CAPP candidates in the near future.
- Our publisher, Routledge, will provide access to a wide academic and professional distribution network. Routledge is the world’s leading academic publisher in the Humanities and Social Sciences. They publish thousands of books and journals each year, serving scholars, instructors, and professional communities worldwide.
- The publication will be available in both electronic and hard-copy formats in June 2018.