Parksmart Advisor — Online, Instructor-Led Training
- April 2018: April 10, 12, 17, and 19; 9–10:30 a.m. EST.
- August 2018: August 7, 9, 14, and 16; 1–2:30 p.m. EST.
- November 2018: November 6, 8, 13, and 15; 1–2:30 p.m. EST.
About the Course:
Parksmart Advisors lead clients through the certification process for sustainable parking structures. The Parksmart program (formerly Green Garage Certification) is now offered under by the USGBC/GBCI alongside the suite of LEED and other sustainability rating systems. IPI is the USGBC Education Partner providing the education required to earn this valuable certificate.
This course is a four day course. The class will take place on each of the four specified days from 1 PM EST until 2:30 PM EST. You must attend all four sessions and pass the end of course assessment to become a Parksmart Advisor. All Parksmart Advisors are listed on USGBC’s website. Due to the online interactive nature of this course, this course is limited to 14 attendees.
Course Prerequisite: The Parksmart Standard which can be purchased separately through USGBC by clicking here. This Standard document will be used as an accompaniment to the class materials.
In this course, learn how to:
- Explain the role of Parksmart Advisors to assist clients in the Parksmart evaluation and certification process
- Illustrate the specific management, programmatic, technological, and structural elements of certification
- Demonstrate how certified Parksmart garages lower costs, enhance value, and achieve sustainability objectives
- Evaluate given examples using Parksmart tools and certification process
- Recognize, verify, and encourage environmentally sustainable solutions in new, existing, and retrofitted parking garages
*CEUs are earned following successful completion and a passing score of 70 percent on the assessment.
- IPI and USGBC Member rate: $325
- Non-member rate: $425
Required Materials: Parksmart Certification Standard is the detailed reference manual for Parksmart certification.
USGBC members, please contact email@example.com to confirm your USGBC membership for member pricing.