- Meetings & Events
- Membership Services
- Professional Development
- Parking Matters
- Knowledge Center
- Shop IPI
If your state or regional parking association is not represented here please send your State of the State Digest items to IPI's Membership Director, Mark Gedris at email@example.com.
CPPA held two very successful regional training sessions in the first quarter of 2011. Sessions held San Diego and Sacramento included the First Observer Training for Parking Professionals put on by the Department of Homeland Security. CPPA is very proud to announce that CPPA is the newest program affiliate to the Homeland Security First Observer program. Thank you to Cindy Campbell, IPI Chairman of the Board, for presenting an informative and interactive session of "Tactical Communications" to 60 members in Sacramento, California.
CPPA would like to announce that Matt Farrell, Off-Street Parking Manager for the City of San Jose is now CPPA's Professional Development Chair. Thank you Matt volunteering to serve on the CPPA Board of Directors.
Please join your fellow MAPA members and parking colleagues in this day of informative Customer Service Training and Team Building.
Real Parking Customer Service Training
Do you have what it takes to provide real customer service as it relates to parking? If not, you will not want to miss this session.
This session will cover Customer Service, as it really should be in the parking industry. Robert Milner, with his 20+ years in the parking industry, stresses the importance of the words Service and Attitude in parking, like, they have never been articulated before. He does this by interaction with you...the attendee as he discusses his experiences in 14 different cities.
Topics of discussion include:
• Finding out what Pickles and Parking have in common
• How to handle difficult customers
• What listening and customer service have in common
• Service from the Heart ...what it means
Team Building: Working in Groups
Many functions within parking and transportation organizations revolve around the work of a "Team".....be it the enforcement team, the shuttle bus drivers, the customer service representations, events staff, etc. In this session, Kim Jackson will examine how teams function as a small group and how they function with the larger group, the organization.
Topics of discussion includes:
• Group Dynamics - how and why groups form
• Group Stages - learn the process all groups undertake while creating a team
• Team Building - what does a functioning team look like and how do you maintain performance
Visit www.themapa.org/register.html for more information and to register.
It's come to our attention that some NEPC conference attendees were advised that the $159 room rate was no longer available. The rate has been extended through March 18th. If you registered outside our room block please cancel your registration and re-register to get the $159 rate! Have you been to the Royal Sonesta? Top shelf all the way. The food is to die for - and what a view!
Join 145 of your colleagues who have already registered for the New England Parking Council's 20th Annual Parking and Transportation Conference March 23rd-23th at the Royal Sonesta Hotel in Cambridge, MA.
Meet, network, and problem solve with your colleagues
from ACS-A Xerox Company, Amano McGann, Ampco System
Parking, Barnstable, Becker Structural Engineers, Blakeslee
Prestress, Boston, Boston College, Brockton, Brookline, Butts
Ticket Co., Cambridge, Cambridge Health Alliance, Case Global
Technologies, Central Parking System, Complus Data Innovations,
Digital Printing, Dover, Duncan Solutions, EDC-AIM, EVSE LLC,
Exquisite Finishes Power Washing, Green Lighting Technologies,
Greenwich, Harvard U, Integrated Technical Systems, iParq, IPS
Group, Inc., Kelley & Ryan Associates, Lahey Clinic, LAZ
Parking, MacKay, MASSPORT, McCain, Inc., Middletown, MIT,
MobileNOW!, Mount Holyoke College, Municipal Management Associates,
Municipal Supply Sales Co., New England Municipal Equipment Co.,
New Haven, Nova Tech, Parkeon, Parking In Motion, Parkmobile USA,
PXT, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Portland, Providence, Quincy, Republic
Parking, RingGo, Safer Places, Scheidt & Bachmann USA, Solstice
Transportation Group, Somerville, Springfield, Standard Parking,
StreetSmart Technology, T & K Asphalt Services, Inc., T2
Systems, TCS International, Tim Haahs, Ultimate Parking Solutions,
Ultimate Systems Solutions, UCONN, UMASS-Boston, U of So Maine, U
of Vermont, VPNE,, Waltham, Watson Bowman Acme, Wescor Parking
Controls, Wesleyan College, Westward Industries, West
Hartford, Winooski, Worcester, and Yale-New Haven Hospital!
Attend informative and entertaining educational sessions about Innovation in: Parking Enforcement, Transportation Direction, LEED Certified Garages, On Street Technology, Green Technology, Alternative Transportation, IPI's Parking Matters, Transportation Innovation, PCI/DSS Compliance, and Synergy between Parking and Transportation!
The Time Is NOW!! New PIPTA Memberships and
Membership Renewals are NOW being accepted!
PIPTA Members get an inside track to the following benefits and events:
• Opportunities to network at the local and regional level. It isn't difficult to feel isolated and alone in coping with the many challenges facing parking and transportation professionals and PIPTA provides a mechanism to stay connected.
• A well-established regional conference and trade show each year where parking and transportation professionals meet to discuss current topics, learn about innovative solutions and interface with vendors, suppliers and consultants. The event also provides and opportunity to celebrate successes within the organization and among its members.
• Growing connections with other associated organizations to foster greater understanding of the parking and transportation profession and open doors to more collaboration for those charged with providing accessibility to communities, institutions of higher education, hospitals, airports and all major destinations.
• Access to affordable education and training for front-line and mid-level staff who normally would not be able to attend national or international conferences.
• PIPTA is an allied association of the International Parking Institute - the leading organization for parking and transportation professionals. This association makes available tools, resources and information available and generated by IPI.
To become a member and find more information about the 2011 PIPTA conference go to: www.pipta.org/
PPA's 2nd Annual Spring Training Event
- Lebanon Country Club
- Thursday, April 28, 2011
Further details of education content and agenda will soon be announced. Stay tuned to your email and the PPA website!
REMINDER - Please visit www.paparking.org to become a member today or renew your membership for the 2011 calendar year.
2011 Board of Directors
• President - Mike Delahanty, University of Arizona
• Vice President - Nathan Donnell, Digital Payment Technologies
• Secretary - Zach Cook, Arizona State University
• Treasurer - Deb Graham, Arizona State University
• Past President - Dave Heineking, University of Arizona
• Director - An Nguyen, iParq
• Director - Michael Robertson, Carl Walker, Inc.
• Director - Michelle Horton, University of Nevada, Reno
• Director - Skip Belcher, University of Utah
2011 Conference Update
The board of directors and the conference committee are finalizing details for the 10th Annual SWPA Conference and Trade Show. The conference will be held in the greater Phoenix area during the month of September. A Call for Presentations will be out soon but if you are interested in presenting this year please contact Albert Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org. For exhibitor and sponsorship opportunities please contact Nathan Donnell at Nathan.email@example.com. Keep checking our website at www.southwestparking.org for updated information.
Please remember to sign up for the upcoming 2011 TPA Conference and Tradeshow which is now just weeks away. Please join us as we will meet in Addison, Texas this year at the Crowne Plaza, 14315 Midway Road, Addison, Texas during the week of March 29, - April 1, 2011. As we are all excited about this conference, we look forward to all the educational presentations that will be offered as well as the beneficial networking opportunities we hope to gain. This year as a part of our educational value, development, and mutual networking we will be focusing on several different aspects of industry resources, training and expertise. Please click on this link http://www.texasparking.org/information.html and click the JOIN NOW button to sign up online. It is fast, convenient and you will receive your receipt via email within minutes of registering. Please remember you have to join as a member first and then you can register for the conference. There will be something for everyone and we look forward to seeing you.
For additional conference and hotel information: http://www.texasparking.org/conferences.html.
For conference agenda: http://www.texasparking.org/2011ConferenceAgenda.html.
All information is on the website but if you have any questions, please email Mary Mabry, firstname.lastname@example.org . See you there.