APO Site Reviewer Training
Professional development isn’t a one-time thing; it should be a continuous part of your career. Make it a priority to assess and improve your skill set, and you’ll increase your value to your organization and enhance your future career prospects.
The Accredited Parking Organization (APO) Program establishes a benchmark of the quality by which a parking management organization conducts its business and maintains its facilities and services. Site review is a required component for applicant organizations, and must be completed by an IPI-approved site reviewer who has successfully completed this training.
APO Site Reviewers are solely trained by IPI to evaluate organizations pursuing accreditation under the program. This course will cover quality management and continuity of applying best practices to each site, determining evidence to satisfy the standard, and the role and ethical expectations of an APO Site Reviewer. Participants receive a copy of the APO Manual for Applicants and the matrix, a planning tool for implementation.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Completion and qualified participants will be listed as trained site reviewers on the IPI website.
Who should attend?
Potential candidates for this training include consultants, suppliers, and commercial operators who provide professional services to parking organizations in all sectors, as well as professionals who own and operate parking facilities or departments.
- Evaluate what a standard is and the importance of the quality management of the third-party reviewer when on a site visit.
- Explain the role of third-party reviewers, including communicating information regarding the final status of the application.
- Illustrate satisfactory and unsatisfactory examples encountered during site visits by referencing criteria provided in the 13 content areas of the checklist.
- Review ethics expected of a third party reviewer and ways to handle potentially questionable situations that could arise during a site visit.
- Determine whether site-provided evidence items are applicable or not applicable to the application when determining a recommendation to award the APO designation.
This training offers 7 CAPP points toward application or re-certification and .7 CEUs. CEUs are earned following successful completion and a passing score of 70 percent on the assessment, to be awarded at the end of the training day.