Accredited Parking Organization™ (APO) Program
When you become an Accredited Parking Organization (APO), your organization will gain immediate recognition and greater credibility.
What is APO?
Accreditation is regarded as one of the key benchmarks for measuring quality. Accredited Parking Organization (APO) is a designation for parking organizations that have achieved a comprehensive standard of excellence. Launched in 2015 by IPI, the accreditation recognizes best practices in responsible parking management and operations, customer service, professional development, safety, and security.
To become an APO, an organization must demonstrate its commitment to ongoing evaluation and improvement of program outcomes through the implementation of industry best practices. The APO with Distinction designation is reserved for organizations exceeding the standard.
The Value of Accreditation
The APO accreditation establishes a quality benchmark by which a parking management organization conducts its business and maintains its facilities and services. Becoming an APO signifies an organization’s commitment to ongoing evaluation and improvement of program outcomes through the implementation of industry best practices. Benefit from a common commitment to continuous quality improvement.
Hear from the organizations that have achieved APO accreditation in a series called APO Spotlights.
Anne Guest, Director (ret.), Missoula Parking Commission, reflects on what successful pursuit of APO meant for her organization.
- Eligibility: Facilities interested in becoming APOs can download the APO Manual For Applicants, Second Edition, which outlines the criteria and process to take your organization to the next level.
- Process & Timeline: For a snapshot of the APO Program, download Overview: How to Become an Accredited Parking Organization or request a copy of the APO matrix.
- How to Apply & Cost: Download the APO Manual For Applicants, Second Edition for more information on pricing and how to apply.
- Application & Payment: Fill out the online form or download the PDF form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Locate an APO Site Reviewer: Learn about the role of an APO Site Reviewer and reference the roster of approved APO Site Reviewers.
- Become an APO Site Reviewer: Interested in becoming an APO Site Reviewer? View the course description and training schedule.
Upcoming APO Site Reviewer Training
Date: May 21, 2017, in conjunction with the 2017 IPI Conference & Expo
Presenters: Casey Jones, CAPP, and Sam Veraldi, CAPP
Location: Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, 900 Convention Center Blvd, New Orleans, La., 70130