IPI Data Exchange Standard (IPI-DataEx)
Developing a New Data Standard for Parking in North America
Our members often share the challenges they experience as they expend resources to integrate new programs, systems, and applications related to data “sharing.” IPI and its members want to reduce the effort required to connect to each other and enable these resources to focus on innovating new services and operations. This is why IPI is embarking on this initiative to create the IPI Data Exchange Standard (IPI-DataEx).
By facilitating and spearheading this effort, IPI will define a uniform, functional data standard for North American companies and maintain it as a living standard that adapts as the marketplace evolves. This standard will become the new lexicon for the parking industry, providing a common language and data definitions to enhance the customer experience.
Read additional background on the IPI-DataEx Standard and process.
- Milestone 1: Facility Location Data Standard. The formal comment period for the working papers of the IPI-DataEx Parking Location Standard is now closed. Draft for comment was available June 2017.
- Introductory documents to the standard are available here.
- To comment on the draft working papers for the standard, download the MS Word document here.
- Review and comment on the standard, adding all feedback as comments in the document.
- When complete, email the document to Rachel Yoka at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All comments will be reviewed by the IPI-DataEx Working Group and addressed prior to the release of the draft Standard.
- Milestone 2: Pricing and Utilization Data Standard. Draft for comment available fall 2017. To get involved, contact email@example.com.
- Milestone 3: Additional deliverables will be based on priorities set by the DataEx governance group, estimated spring 2018.