2018 Professional Recognition Program
Welcome to the 12th Annual Professional Recognition Program Awards
The International Parking Institute’s (IPI) annual Professional Recognition Program is designed to recognize and commend the contributions of parking and transportation individuals — our industry’s best. You have the opportunity to ensure deserving colleagues and organizations are recognized by nominating them for an IPI Professional Recognition Program award today. You can also nominate yourself. There is no entry fee but nominees MUST be members of IPI.
One Professional Recognition Program winner is chosen in each category. Please read the criteria carefully. Regrettably, those nominations that do not include all the prerequisites will be disqualified. Winners will be notified and awards will be presented in a ceremony at the 2018 IPI Conference & Expo.
Entries are being accepted now for the 2018 competition via this online process only — no emailed or mailed nominations will be accepted.
The 2018 awards competitions are closed.
To be eligible for the Professional Recognition Program awards, online entries must be received no later than December 4, 2017, 11:59 p.m. EST.
Nominees must be members of IPI in good standing. There is no fee for any of the categories. You can also nominate yourself.
If submission rules are not followed, the nomination will automatically be invalid and disqualified from judging. Please read the criteria carefully.
One Professional Recognition Program winner is chosen in each category. Winners will be notified and awards will be presented in a ceremony at the 2018 IPI Conference & Expo.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- December 4, 2017, 11:59 p.m. EST: Call for Entries Deadline.
- November 2017-early January 2018: Judging.
- Late January 2018: Award winners notified.
- Early February 2018: Winners to confirm plaque text and order additional plaques.
- June 2018: Awards Recognition Ceremony at the IPI Conference & Expo.
The Professional Recognition Program awards ceremony will be held during the Awards Recognition Ceremony at the 2018 IPI Conference & Expo, June 3-6, Orlando, Fla. Please plan to join us for the celebration of the achievement of these facilities and projects.
Categories & Criteria
- Parking Staff Member of the Year for frontline staff.
- Parking Supervisor of the Year for those who supervise one or more employees within a parking/transportation department or unit.
- Emerging Leader of the Year Award for those younger than 40 who are blazing their own trails through the parking/transportation industry.
- Parking Organization of the Year for public or private parking organizations, departments, consultants, suppliers, commercial operators, etc.
- James M. Hunnicutt, CAPP, Parking Professional of the Year for those management-level professionals who direct an entire parking/transportation operation, or manage multiple units within a department.
- Receive an award that will be presented during the Welcome Keynote session at the annual IPI Conference & Expo.
- Be featured on promotional displays in the IPI Awards Recognition area at the IPI Conference & Expo.
- Be recognized on large stars that will be positioned on the carpet at the Expo hall entrance at the IPI Conference & Expo.
- Be announced via press release to appropriate business journals, newspapers, radio stations, and other media through a national publicity campaign.
- Be highlighted on IPI’s website.
- Be featured in The Parking Professional magazine and in the IPI Conference & Expo’s Official Program Guide.
- Receive decals that may be used on their organizational website, in email signatures, on LinkedIn/Facebook/Twitter profiles, etc.
- To apply, login with your IPI user account credentials here. If you do not have a user account, you can create one here.
- You can start or stop an entry at any time prior to the entry deadline and then log back in to finish your entry when you have time just by re-entering your email address and password.
- Entries and nominations will only be accepted through this online process. No entries will be accepted via email or USPS mail. The system will walk you through the process.
- Each category requires specific criteria/documentation to complete the nomination. Incomplete nominations/entries cannot be considered and will be denied.
Questions? Need advice before submitting? Contact IPI at email@example.com.