2018 Parking Matters® Marketing & Communications Awards
Welcome to IPI’s Parking Matters® Marketing & Communications Awards
Now in its fourth year, the IPI Parking Matters Marketing & Communications Awards were designed to recognize outstanding parking-related marketing, public relations, or communications programs or campaigns. Eligible programs may use a wide spectrum of marketing tools, from advertising and public relations to collateral development, signage, special events, direct mail, video, and social media.
Any organization with a communications, PR, or marketing program that educates and informs is eligible to submit. If you can answer “yes” to these questions, you should consider entering:
- Is your organization a parking authority, city, or institution with a parking department, a parking owner, or a service or product provider serving the parking and/or transportation industry?
- Did your organization have a marketing, public relations, or communications program or campaign that promoted parking, a parking product or service, or a new parking program that achieved measurable and favorable outcomes?
- Did that program or campaign help foster understanding of the importance of parking, knowledge, and trends in parking, or awareness of parking trends or best practices?
- Did the program or campaign take place, at least in part, during 2016-2017?
The deadline for submitting is November 6, 2017, 11:59 p.m. EST.
Good luck! We look forward to receiving your entries.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- November 6, 2017, 11:59 p.m. EST: Call for Entries Deadline.
- November 2017-early January 2018: Judging.
- Late January 2018: Award winners notified.
- Early February 2018: Winners to confirm plaque text and order additional plaques.
- June 2018: Awards Recognition Ceremony at the IPI Conference & Expo.
The Parking Matters Marketing & Communications Awards ceremony will be held during the Awards Recognition Ceremony at the 2018 IPI Conference & Expo, June 3-6, Orlando, Fla. Please plan to join us for the celebration of the achievement of these organization’s projects.
- Title of Entry (not to exceed 100 characters, not including the name of the organization).
- 150-word summary to be used in the IPI Conference & Expo marketing materials.
- Description of program can be as little as a few paragraphs and not to exceed two single-spaced, single-sided pages – Arial 11 pt. font. Can be submitted as PDF. Information to include all or some of the following:
- Program or campaign goals.
- Insights into planning process.
- Background about situation/problem.
- How the program or campaign was executed.
- Evaluation of outcomes/changed behavior.
- Results achieved, lessons learned.
- Visuals to represent / describe / illustrate program elements, limited to:
- Submit at least two (2) and up to six (6) high resolution JPGs or PDFs of brochures, printed materials, media coverage, posters, signage, photos of event(s), etc. and/or
- URL for YouTube video, Vimeo file.
- These visuals may be featured in The Parking Professional magazine, in PowerPoints, signage at the IPI Conference & Expo, etc. Be sure they represent your submission and help tell the story of your program. Please check that at least 1-2 images are high enough resolution for print production.
- IPI retains rights to use or publish selected submissions at parking.org, The Parking Professional magazine, or other IPI publications or social media outlets.
- What was the cost of this program / estimated direct expense budget (not including time of staff / personnel / agent fees / consultant, but DOES include direct expense for signage, photography, printed materials, brochures, etc.)
The entry process is streamlined and the entry fee is only $100.
- $100 (IPI members and non-members).
- Check or credit cards accepted.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Entries may be withdrawn but will be subject to a $50 administrative fee.
You can submit as many entries as you would like however, please keep judging criteria in mind before you complete the submittal process.
- Professionalism of program.
- How well program achieved desired outcomes, how strategy, messaging, creative, visuals, implementation of program, and results measured against stated goals.
- Replicability: Can other organizations successfully replicate this program and/or use insights/lessons learned?
- Whether program or campaign helps educate about parking, facilitate better use of parking facilities, programs, or technology, and/or helps present parking and parking professionals in a favorable light, or advances the parking profession.
- Entry presentation.
The judging panel will be comprised of parking industry representatives from IPI staff leadership, Parking Matters Committee, other committees, and may also include professionals outside the parking industry with expertise in marketing, advertising, public relations, and communications.
- Trophies to be distributed during the Awards Recognition Ceremony at the annual IPI Conference & Expo. Additional trophies can be purchased for a fee at a later date.
- A presentation in the IPI Awards Recognition area at the IPI Conference & Expo showcasing selected entries.
- Winners will be featured on promotional displays in the IPI Award Recognition area at the IPI Conference & Expo.
- A press release will be distributed announcing the winners.
- Winners will be highlighted on IPI’s website.
- Winners will be featured in The Parking Professional magazine and in the IPI Conference & Expo Official Program Guide.
- Decals will be provided to the winners for use on their company’s website, in email signatures, on LinkedIn / Facebook / Twitter profiles, etc.
- To apply, login with your IPI user account credentials here. If you do not have a user account, you can create one here.
- You can start or stop an entry at any time prior to the entry deadline and then log back in to finish your entry when you have time just by re-entering your email address and password.
- Entries and nominations will only be accepted through this online process. No entries will be accepted via email or USPS mail. The system will walk you through the process.
2017 Parking Matters® Marketing & Communications Award winners (press release)
2016 Parking Matters® Marketing & Communications Award winners
2015 Parking Matters® Marketing & Communications Award winners
Questions? Need advice before submitting? Contact IPI at email@example.com.