2017 Board of Directors Election | Application Instructions
The Nominating Committee of the International Parking Institute (IPI) is pleased to announce the annual Call for Nominations for individuals interested in serving as members of the IPI Board of Directors.
For the 2017 elections, there are seven open seats on the Board of Directors for a two-year term beginning May 2017.
Candidates interested in serving on the IPI Board of Directors must be members in good standing and commit to participating in two Board meetings per year. Members of the Board of Directors are required to fund their attendance to one of the meetings. The Board also conducts business during frequent conference calls.
The role of the Board is to set strategic direction for the organization, provide guidance on industry-specific projects, and offer direction on educational programming, the Parking Matters® program, membership, public affairs, allied partnerships, industry research, and the annual IPI Conference & Expo, among other duties. Each Board member serves as co-chair of one of IPI’s 18 standing committees.
CRITERIA TO RUN FOR THE IPI BOARD
To prepare for the important strategic role required of an IPI Board Member, one or more of the following criteria must be met to be eligible to seek a seat on the IPI Board of Directors:
- Served as a chair or co-chair of an IPI Committee or Task Force.
- Served as a director of the CAPP Board or Accredited Parking Organization (APO) Board.
- Held an executive leadership role (officer) in a state or regional parking association.
- Contributed as an IPI volunteer consistently for at least a two-year period.
- Upon review of your application, the Nominating Committee can grant you an exception to the requirements listed above (A-D) due to your work history and/or industry involvement.
- A candidate cannot serve on another parking-industry board (in a voting capacity) once elected to the IPI Board of Directors.
Interested members should submit the following no later than Thursday, February 23, 2017, for consideration.
- Contact information, including title, organization, address, work telephone, and email address.
- Information showing how you meet one or more of the eligibility requirements (A-D).
- Biographical information (up to 100 words).
- Your election platform (up to 100 words) detailing your interest in running for the Board.
- Headshot photograph (original/raw file .jpg or .tif of at least 300 dpi resolution/1 MB). NOTE: Please send as separate file and do not embed in a Word document.
The Nominating Committee will review all candidate submissions and recommend a slate of nominees to the IPI Board of Directors. Candidates selected by the Nominating Committee will be notified. Once the Board approves the slate of nominees, these names will be presented to the membership for election.
Thank you for advancing the parking profession!