Online Article/Quiz Course: Greening Communities through Parking
About the course: In this article-based course, the participant will learn about the sustainability movement in the parking and transportation industries from thought leaders, develop a foundation level understanding of garage certification, and the relationship to IPI’s Sustainability Framework and LEED. IPI’s “Framework on Sustainability for Parking Design, Management and Operations” is illustrated and recaps action items and goals to implement the latest sustainable parking and transportation solutions. Read the detailed case studies of Parksmart-certified garages — Parksmart is the only rating system defining and recognizing sustainable practices in parking structure management, programming, design, and technology.
In this course, learn how to:
- Recognize how certifying sustainable parking garages aligns with various organizational missions and goals.
- Relate to seven case studies highlighting Green Garage (now Parksmart) certification and how it has enhanced green practices in parking garages.
- Identify how the elements of a parking structure can achieve more sustainable alternatives and/or processes.
- Recall additional resources for gathering information on the latest parking and transportation solutions through IPI’s Sustainability Framework.
Thinking of applying to become a CAPP? Successful completion of this course earns 1 point towards the professional development portion of the CAPP application requirements or 1 points on the CAPP Recertification Recordkeeping Form, Program Type 5.
Course Credits: 1 CAPP Point/.10 CEU, 1 GBCI CE for LEED version: v4; v2009
Time to complete: About 1 hour (Self-paced: Start, stop, exit, and return at any time. Course is available for six months from date of purchase.)
Cost: $45 U.S. for IPI members; $65 for non-members
Minimum System Operating Requirements
Flash Player 10 or newer versions (http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash), and one of the following browsers:
• Windows/Mac OS: Internet Explorer 6+, Firefox 1.0+, Safari 5.0+, Google Chrome 14.1+, Opera 9.5+
• Linux: Firefox 1.0+
• HTML5 for iOS on iPad
• Mobile Safari on Apple iOS 5.0+ on iPad
+indicates minimum version; all newer versions will be compatible