What is an Accredited Parking Organization (APO)?
Would you like to benchmark your organization? Streamline your operations? Evaluate your training program? Motivate your leadership?
Accredited Parking Organization (APO) is a designation for parking organizations that have achieved a comprehensive standard of excellence. It recognizes best practices in responsible parking management and operations, customer service, professional development, safety, and security.
Participation in IPI’s APO program will help you achieve all these, and more. Here are some quick facts you need to know to get started:
- All parking organizations are eligible.
- Planning resources and documents are available at no cost here.
- Organizations must meet 25 required criteria, plus 80% of remaining criteria.
- Criteria represent best practices in our industry, organized into 14 content areas.
- Organizations must have one facility that meets site-specific criteria for a Premium Facility.
- APO with Distinction represents organizations that meet 80% of “advanced” practices.
- Independent, third-party review by IPI-approved and trained site reviewers is integral to the APO process.
Check out this handy summary about APO here, and share with your team today.
Rachel Yoka, CAPP, LEED AP BD+C, is IPI’s vice president of program development.