Online Course: Foundations of Finance
Level: Foundational/basic course
About the course: The Foundations of Finance course is an interactive course where you are selected to work for the City of Park. The City of Park needs another 1000 parking space structure built before a new super shopping center opens. The anticipated cost is between 20 and 25 million and you have been chosen to work on this project.
In this course, learn how to:
- Develop a financial model and budget for operations and capital planning.
- Illustrate the fundamentals of bond financing, including the use of bonds to raise capital.
- Interpret and analyze the expected fundamental financial statements and reporting requirements, and
- Explain fiduciary responsibility with a focus on financial audits.
Thinking of applying to become a CAPP? Successful completion of this course earns 2 points towards the professional development portion of the CAPP application requirements or 2 points on the CAPP Recertification Recordkeeping Form, Program Type 5.
Course Credits: 2 CAPP Points/.20 CEUs
Time to Complete: About 2 hours (Self-paced: Stop and start, to return to where you left off at any time. Course available for 6 months from date of purchase.)
Cost: $89.00 U.S. for IPI Members; $109.00 for non-members
Minimum System Operating Requirements
Flash Player 10 or newer versions (http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash), and one of the following browsers:
• Windows/Mac OS: Internet Explorer 6+, Firefox 1.0+, Safari 5.0+, Google Chrome 14.1+, Opera 9.5+
• Linux: Firefox 1.0+
• HTML5 for iOS on iPad
• Mobile Safari on Apple iOS 5.0+ on iPad
+indicates minimum version; all newer versions will be compatible
Questions? Need assistance? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.