Online Course: Technology Trends in Parking (Version 2.0)
Level: Foundational/basic course
About the course: This course is intended to educate decision makers about technology trends in the parking industry. This includes managers and directors of parking operations; parking facility operators; team leaders; or others who are familiar with technological elements of a parking operation. The knowledge gained through this course will help you make informed decisions as you consider technological solutions for your enterprise.
In this course, learn how to:
• Explain the terminology used throughout the parking industry when discussing technology.
• Identify four principle emerging technologies in the parking industry: (1) connecting facilities and equipment to the internet; (2) using cloud-based software for data collection, use, and sharing; (3) remotely interacting with customers; and (4) introducing alternative payments, including payment automation, mobile payment, and web-based payments.
• Explain how these four emerging technologies improve operational efficiencies and customer service.
• Identify the steps needed to share data with customers and capture their business.
Course Credits: 1 CAPP Points/.10 CEUs
Time to complete: About 1 hour (Self-paced: Start, stop, exit, and return at any time. Course is available for six months from date of purchase.)
Cost: $49 U.S. for IPI members; $69 for non-members
|Flash Player 10 or later (http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash), and one of the following browsers:
· Windows: Internet Explorer 6 and later, Firefox 1.x and later, Google Chrome (latest version), Opera 9.5 and later
· Mac: Safari 3 and later, Firefox 1.x and later, Google Chrome (latest version)
· Linux: Firefox 1.x and later
|· Google Chrome (latest version) on Windows or Mac
· Safari 5.1 or later on Mac
· Mobile Safari in Apple iOS 5 or later on iPad/iPhone
|Apple iOS||Articulate Mobile Player in Apple iOS 5 or later on iPad|
Thinking of applying to become a CAPP? Successful completion of this course earns 1.5 points towards the professional development portion of the CAPP application requirements. or 1.5 points on the CAPP Recertification Recordkeeping Form, Program Type 5.