Online Course: Sustainability in Parking
Level: Foundational/basic course
About the course: Sustainability in Parking defines how the parking industry works with the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit. The course includes decisions, actions, and impacts on parking design, facilities, and operations based on IPI’s Framework on Sustainability and the Green Parking Council’s Green Garage Certification Program.
In this course, learn how to:
• Define sustainability and its application to the parking industry.
• Implement alternative transportation modes to improve the triple bottom line.
• Increase energy efficiency through the use of energy savings technology.
• Identify alternative energy sources and alternative fuel vehicles that support net-zero energy concepts.
• Recognize effective natural resource management and how to reduce waste.
• Examine informed decisions based on long-term environmental effects related to material and technology selection.
Thinking of applying to become a CAPP? Successful completion of this course earns 2 points towards the professional development portion of the CAPP application requirements or 2 points on the CAPP Recertification Recordkeeping Form, Program Type 5.
Course Credits: 2 CAPP Points/.20 CEUs and 2 GBCI continuing education credits
Time to complete: About 2 hours (Self-paced: Sart, stop, exit, and return at any time. Course is available for six months from date of purchase.)
Cost: $89 U.S. for IPI members; $109 for non-members
Minimum System Operating Requirements
Flash Player 10 or later versions (http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash), and one of the following browsers:
• Windows/Mac OS: Internet Explorer 6+, Firefox 1.0+, Safari 5.0+, Google Chrome 14.1+, Opera 9.5+
• Linux: Firefox 1.0+
• HTML5 for iOS on iPad
• Mobile Safari on Apple iOS 5.0+ on iPad
+indicates minimum version; all newer versions will be compatible