Online Course: Introduction to Parking
Level: Foundational/basic course
About the course: Introduction to Parking is a perfect way to acquaint newly-hired parking professionals with the industry and its unique characteristics. This course offers a complete introduction to parking enforcement, on- and off-street parking, revenue control, safety and security, communications, and customer service, to build a foundation to guarantee success. Students who complete all seven modules are presented with a 20-question assessment. Those who score 70 percent or better receive completion certificates.
In this course, learn how to:
• Recite and describe four types of communication.
• Recognize good customer service delivery through active listening techniques and appropriate body language.
• Explain various types of industry segments that use off-street parking
• Describe how technology affects the management of and revenue associated with various types of parking operations.
• Explain the history of on-street parking and how it compliments off-street parking.
• Describe the various roles and technologies used by the enforcement officer.
• Illustrate various safety and security measures within a parking facility.
Thinking of applying to become a CAPP? Successful completion of this course earns 3 points towards the professional development portion of the CAPP application requirements or 3 points on the CAPP Recertification Recordkeeping Form, Program Type 5.
Course Credits: 3 CAPP Points/.3 CEUs
Time to complete: About 3 hours (Self-paced: start, stop, exit, and return at any time. Course is available for six months from date of purchase.)
Cost: $135 U.S. for IPI members; $175 for non-members
Minimum System Operating Requirements
Flash Player 10 or later versions (http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash), and one of the following browsers:
• Windows: Internet Explorer 6 and later, Firefox 1.x and later, Safari 3 and later, Google Chrome, Opera 9.5 and later
• Mac: Safari 3 and later, Firefox 1.x and later, Google Chrome
• Linux: Firefox 1.x and later
Questions? Need assistance? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.