Online Course: Customer Service
Level: Foundational/basic course
About the course: What defines good customer service? It may sound simple, but it’s all about skills, including active listening, positively reframing customer words, understanding nonverbal behaviors, and specific communication techniques. This course is designed for frontline parking personnel and their managers, this one-hour course can revolutionize your organization’s customer interactions.
In this course, learn to:
• Identify the three dimensions of customer service.
• Illustrate how the “Model of Communication” can contribute to a positive customer interaction.
• Recognize the benefits of active listening, including how to restate, summarize, divide, and clarify the customer’s words to facilitate problem solving.
• Explain the importance of nonverbal behaviors when interacting with customers.
• Use acknowledgement and positive interactions to deliver good customer service.
Thinking of applying to become a CAPP? Successful completion of this course earns 1 point towards the professional development portion of the CAPP application requirements or 1 point on the CAPP Recertification Recordkeeping Form, Program Type 5.
Course Credits: 1 CAPP Points/.10 CEUs
Time to complete: About 1 hour (Self-paced: Start, stop, exit, and return at any time. Course is available for six months from date of purchase.)
Cost: $49 U.S. for IPI members; $69 for non-members
Minimum System Operating Requirements
Flash Player 10 or newer versions (http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash), and one of the following browsers:
• Windows/Mac OS: Internet Explorer 6+, Firefox 1.0+, Safari 5.0+, Google Chrome 14.1+, Opera 9.5+
• Linux: Firefox 1.0+
• HTML5 for iOS on iPad
• Mobile Safari on Apple iOS 5.0+ on iPad
+indicates minimum version; all newer versions will be compatible