Online Course: Conflict Resolution
Level: Foundational/basic course
About the course: Conflicts are inevitable for anyone who deals with customers, colleagues, or teams. Understanding how personal communication and conflict styles can be tailored for more beneficial outcomes is key. Starting with a self-assessment, this course identifies stages of group development and sources of workplace conflict while offering useful techniques for successful communication with coworkers and customers.
In this course, learn to:
- Examine the four sources of workplace conflict.
- Evaluate personal conflict –handling style.
- Recognize tools for tactical communications with co-workers when handling conflict.
- Explore how the 5 stages of group development affects conflict and workplace needs.
Thinking of applying to become a CAPP? Successful completion of this course earns 1.5 point towards the professional development portion of the CAPP application requirements or 1.5 points on the CAPP Recertification Recordkeeping Form, Program Type 5.
Course Credits: 1.5 CAPP Points/.15 CEUs
Time to complete: About 1.5 hours (Self-paced: Start, stop, exit, and return at any time. Course is available for six months from date of purchase.)
Cost: $49 U.S. for IPI members; $69 for non-members
Minimum System Operating Requirements
Flash Player 10 or newer versions (http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash), and one of the following browsers:
• Windows/Mac OS: Internet Explorer 6+, Firefox 1.0+, Safari 5.0+, Google Chrome 14.1+, Opera 9.5+
• Linux: Firefox 1.0+
• HTML5 for iOS on iPad
• Mobile Safari on Apple iOS 5.0+ on iPad
+indicates minimum version; all newer versions will be compatible
Questions? Need assistance? Contact email@example.com.