Top 10 Things (x 2) You Didn’t Know about the IPI Conference by Bonnie Watts, CEM
May 20 marked a moment in history. You would have had to be living under a rock to have missed it. It was the final airing of the “Late Show with David Letterman” after more than 20 years. Letterman’s signature bit was his Top 10 List, circulating around a common theme or recent events.
With the 2015 IPI Conference & Expo around the corner, and to pay homage to Letterman and his farewell show, why not have a Top 10 Things (x2) You Didn’t Know about the IPI Conference? So here goes:
20. Insiders know the entire scoop—but you don’t have to be left out. We have tips from seasoned attendees that you can download to get the inside track!
19. Planning an IPI conference starts three years in advance and requires all IPI staff plus more than 150 volunteers to pull the event together each year.
18. We’re giving back and so can you! IPI wants to leave every city better than we came. For the 2015 Conference, we’ve chosen Project 150 to support. And what’s great about that is, Project 150 recipients are actually part of our volunteer group this year.
17. There are more than 100 hours of networking opportunities during the four-day event.
16. On average, an attendee gets no more than five hours of sleep a night at an IPI Conference & Expo (maybe less in Vegas…).
15. This year, IPI will be presenting our very own Shark Tank spin-off, Park Tank™ on Monday, June 29.
14. Educational sessions are broken into six tracks with a brand new track this year. We have added Building & Construction Management to our five other tracks: Customer Service, Finance, Organizational Improvement, Sustainability, and Technology.
13. If you’re looking for rapid-fire sessions that ignite a spark or idea for you, attend the Ignite sessions. They are lively, fun and fast—blink and you could miss something.
12. Many of the education opportunities are now accredited because IPI is an ANSI/IACET provider. This means select education offerings enable you to earn LUs, PDHs, CCM recertification points, as well as CAPP points.
11. The Expo Hall features more than 240 companies, 25 percent of which are first-time exhibiting companies.
10. IPI now offers credentialing and accreditation programs that certify organizations, professionals, and facilities. We’re setting standards and raising the level of excellence and we want you to be a part of it.
9. We recognize more than 250 individuals, organizations, and programs during our four-day event in professional recognition programs, the CAPP certification program, and in IPI’s Awards of Excellence and marketing awards programs.
8. Ever wish you could spend some more time with the presenters or participants of a particular session but the schedule moves so fast, it’s off to the next session or activity? No worries! We’ve got you covered. On Thursday, July 2 at 8 a.m., we’re going to give you the chance to informally talk with presenters from sessions during the week and even collaborate with other attendees. Don’t miss this first-ever mixing-it-up ShopTalk!
7. Learning isn’t just for classrooms or general sessions—we offer hands-on learning with our operational Facility Tours.
6. We love first-timers! So we plan onsite orientation sessions to provide inside tips on how to best navigate — and get the most out of the conference.
5. There’s an app for that! We know technology drives this industry and we’re keeping up. The new IPICONF app for the 2015 event allows for more interaction than ever before.
4. There are more freebies than you can shake a stick at, and all you have to do is show up. Don’t miss a single event, you never know what you might miss if you aren’t there and there early!
3. Vegas is a great city with a lot of distractions and we want your undivided attention during the event, however, we want you to also have some fun and so we’ve arranged Explore the Area tours for Thursday, July 2 for you to get out and see the city. Click here to sign up.
2. Networking and meeting new colleagues doesn’t have to be inside four walls. Sign up for the CAPP Classic Golf Tournament or the 5K Fun Run for some great camaraderie, fun and prizes.
1. And just when you think it’s over, Thursday, July 2, we’re giving you a sneak peek at the 2016 IPI Conference & Expo in Nashville at the closing General Session.
In honor of our Top Ten (x2) List, if you haven’t registered yet to attend the top event of the year for the parking industry, register by Monday, June 1, 5:00 p.m. EST and use promo code TOPTENX2 to take *10% off current registration fees. We look forward to seeing you in Vegas!
*only good on full, daily, Expo hall, 5k fun run, golf, and meet and mingle tickets. Must be for new registrations only. Cannot be applied to existing registrations.